Saturday, January 23, 2010

Portrait Saturday...



We have so many of these beautiful sunflowers growing right outside our front door... Their presence is like pure joy captured within a blossom. The perfection of geometric shapes within its centre is breathtaking to witness, and all the while a busy bee labours in the upper left hand corner, collecting his fill of pollen... Majestic...

10 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the bee on the gorgeous sunflower! At the end of the season do you harvest all the yummy seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Joy, Tammy and Jen:) Yes we will wait to harvest the yummy seeds:)
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers really are quite amazing. That's a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous photo! I've never looked so closely in to the center of a sunflower-- the pattern is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fooey. Here's where I have to admit that giant sunflowers scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply stunning. Catching the bee right in the act...amazing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous photograph, such an amazing shape in the center of that one! I didn't notice the busy bee there!
    I love sunflowers so much! On the day my first son was born, my mom went out to my garden and cut me a sunflower....when she put it in the vase we noticed that there was a perfect heart shape in the middle of it....it was so perfect and beautiful!
    Thank you for brightening my night!
    love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sara,
    What a lovely story about the sunflower having a heart, how beautiful and as you said, perfect for that special day, thank you so much for sharing:)
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment:) I will always respond to your comments here, so be sure to check back soon:)
Warmly
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...