Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Transparency Tutorial

Dear Friends,
We have been busy working on Easter transparencies and we have so enjoyed this process. They just look so pretty when lit up with a candle in the evenings. I thought I would share our journey...



These are some of the materials you will need:

An A4 piece of thick card, paper works too.
A large scissors, I also used a small one for tight corners
A pencil
Glue
Wax wrap papar or opaque tissue paper.


Fold the sides into the middle and crease. This will make the side supports for your transparency and will help it to stand upright


Draw your image onto your paper, something that you can easily cut out. I also shaped the top of my paper for a more creative effect.


Cut out your image and the top.


Cut out some wax wrap or tissue paper larger than the shape you have cut out.


Place glue all around the outside edge of your tissue paper.


Stick your tissue paper at the back of your card over the image you have cut out and shape your tissue paper as you have shaped the top of your card.


This is how it will look from the front.


And there he is, the Easter rabbit!
Stand your creation up with sides folded back creating supports and place it on a mantlepiece with a candle burning behind it. It really does look beautiful and creates a stunning effect...


Here is one Jenna made:)

Happy Tuesday everyone and happy crafting...

Hugs
Linda

15 comments:

  1. As always, my friend, just lovely... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now. I should really keep copies of the comments I write here, because you call out the memories and philosophy in me. My mom, who was not that creative, once bought some scary paper cats to hang in our city windows at Halloween. I was very young, and as I try to remember this, I find that the details are fuzzy. And now there's nobody on earth who would remember this and clear it up for me.

    Anyway, I was charmed at the thought of the cats in the window, and over time, played with the idea in different ways. On of them was to make two identical interior cat cut-outs and put foil between the two pieces of paper, so that the cat shape became reflective. I did this with jack'o'lanterns also - reflective eyes and grin.

    Then I took two pieces of construction paper and cut identical rectangles out of each. As though there were a screen in the middle of each. Then I took two sheets of wax paper, and cut out other shapes - for Halloween, a picket fence with a scary cat on it, a yellow slip of a crescent moon - and pasted these on one of the pieces of wax paper. These shapes ended up sandwiched between the two sheets of wax paper, which were then sandwiched between the two pieces of construction paper - so that the little scene was framed.

    We hung these in the window, and at night, the scene blazed away in silhouette. In the day, you could see some of the color in the scene - but it was lit up by the daylight, and glowed in the house.

    Years ago, I made kits of this project for Christmas and included them in a sort of "care box" with other projects for some tired mommy friends of mine - so they could help their kids make them during the last week before the fete.

    So that is the memory you have awakened today with this. I suppose I want to say to those who read you - taking the time do something magical like this with a child? You have no idea how, decades later, that investment in time and wonder may affect the child's life - if only in the sense of wonder your child takes on into her adult life.

    Thanks again, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear K
    You are so kind to always take the time to visit this place and leave such amazing comments:) I always enjoy your messages and encouragement that you leave here and I feel very blessed to read your words.
    Thank you
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,

    Those are so cute and easy. We are getting ready for Spring decorating and I will definitely add these to our projects. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can do this!!!

    Perfect for my skills!

    Great idea.
    Thank you Linda!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! We made some of these a while back with hearts---but I do love the bunnies, so I'll have to add this to the upcoming projects list.
    Always inspired by your blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project. Maybe I can try this with one of my paper cuttings. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great day and thanks for this lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I would love to make one and use it with our dinner candle. I'll have to add it to our to do list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO adorable, Linda! I love it! Finn and I might need to make one this weekend. I think he'd love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! Thank you for another inspiring idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! thank you Linda, my big girl will love to make one of these (and me too)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, you have such wonderful tutorials! I love this transparency, and I think that I will be making a few with the little ones for our Spring celebration on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! Sweet, simple, and so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful idea Linda. I will definitely try this with the kids in the school holidays. Also love your previous post. You really are an awesome Mom to be teaching your kids in such creative and practical ways. You are an inspiration. Smiles, your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment:) I will always respond to your comments here, so be sure to check back soon:)
Warmly
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...