Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along


I am so excited about this Tea Leaves cardigan, I am past the armholes now, tried it on and it fits perfectly! Happy dance!! All that doubt I had, dreading knitting this far, thinking it would be too big and well, it isn't :) What joy!


I am also thrilled the colours are showing through in this photo above...


PS 'A Faithful Journey' asked which wool I was knitting with. The wool is an aran weight which I hand painted myself with earth friendly dyes. I was going for a vintage, antique effect.


Our Koek-koek and Buff Orpington chickens have grown so big already...


Meet Marty, she lives in the garden with her other rabbit friend Jack.

Joining in with Ginny today.

Have a lovely day and thanks for visiting...

37 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, your work is looking wonderful! So glad it fits :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is turning out beautifully. So glad it fits. That moment is always a tense one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tea Leaves is beautiful! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this saved in my favorites on Ravelry....your pictures make me like it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous, Linda. I've been toying with the idea of knitting myself a cardigan, and have yet to select the pattern, but HAVE decided that it will be top-down for the trying-on-ability that you noted here. Your Shalom cardi is gorgeous too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO pretty! It's always a good feeling when something you have spent so long on actually fits! Love the Autumn leaves in the the picture of your gorgeous bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea leaves cardi is coming along lovely and that colour is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done quite a bit from last week. So exciting when something fits well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wool is so pretty, the pattern is gorgeous... (I absolutely have to start practicing my circular knitting....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda! Your cardigan is beautiful! Your dyed yarn is really stunning.

    I'm working on a cardigan for myself, too. The first (and last) time I tried to make a sweater it was huge. So I ripped it all out (the yarn is still in time out, to be honest). I'm a bit worried that this one is going to be too big as well - watch, it'll be too small instead! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda,
    I just love the cardigan the dyed yarn really shows the pattern.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tea leaves cardi is so pretty! I think I might need to start one for myself. It might be the perfect project to take my time with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just absolutely stunning! The yarn is perfect!! What yarn are you using again? Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, the yarn is an aran weight yarn that I hand painted myself with earth friendly dyes.

      Delete
  14. Oh, this is turning out to be One. Sweet. Cardigan! And you handpainted the yarn yourself? Stunning!! (Please let there be a post on this in the archives, please?).

    Nice to meet Marty. I do have to ask..with her living with Jack and all, are you expecting many new floppy eared arrivals soon?

    Hoping to join in with your Creative Fridays soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine:) I must do a post on hand painting yarn soon, it's such fun. Our vet advised us to neuter Jack a few years ago, he was a little too aggressive and we felt this might calm him down and it did, he now lives very happily with Marty amongst the chickens in our garden.

      PS I am going to try your wonderful Rosemary hair rinse today and will soon be making a batch of your comfrey ointment too. Thank you for all your lovely posts, I was so happy to find your blog :)

      Delete
  15. That cardigan is beeeautiful! Love the little critters in the garden too!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda,
    Your sweater is beautiful and what a wonderful color - so nice to visit here.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cardigan is lovely, and the colour is very pretty and summery. Love the hens and bunnies too
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the colour of your cardigan its going to look great

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea Linda! So glad it fits. I love this pattern. Made two for my little girls and would love to knit one for me someday. ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda,
    Your sweater is beautiful, glad it fit! Hope your daughter is healing well - what an ordeal!

    fehnna

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's so beautiful linda! yay for it fitting well, i think thats the nature of top down, with the wide looking yoke. before you divide for the sleeves it can look way too big. i am to the sleeve part of mine, but have put it aside a little for the pockets (for namibia).
    xxxx lori

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a beautiful cardigan! you have intrigued me, and I am now searching for patterns similar to that one, as I like the look of the yoke.
    Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cardigan is beautiful! I just love the color. And your chickens look so healthy and happy. Isn't it a joy to see them pecking about? And sweet Marty is just gorgeous! *sigh* So nice to see the beauty that surrounds you. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm very tempted to make one of these. I know my daughters would love me to make them each one. I think the dye effect of your yarn has turned out really good. Look forward to seeing it in its full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so happy that it fits Linda and now you can knit away without having that thought in the back of your mind. Thank you for the basket link. I have been pretty ill today, but will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just sat and looked at your stitches, enjoying the eveness. i could feel the hand of it against my palm. I just really enjoyed looking.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is just beautiful!!! And love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad it fits! Its so much more fun knitting when you can tell its going to come out how you hoped. adorable chickens and Marty:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the tea leaves cardigan. It is so gorgeous. I am nervous about making one for me though. I wonder if I have the patience? It would be amazing to actually knit something like that for myself!
    I am terribly jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. AWE! Your sweater is simply divine! can I have it? It really makes me want to ride an old cruiser bicycle in to a quaint little village and and carry my groceries in the basket... Is that SO random, of me?
    I love this yarn along, don't you?
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Linda, I love it!!!! *adds to queue*

    I am about to make a (second) Nellie cardigan for Little Miss and I think I might fancy one of these after that.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Knitting, chickens and bunnies........what a life.
    Your sweater will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that color of pink. It is coming along beautifully! Adorable rabbit... love the coloring on her as well. Are those yellow leaves I see in the pic with the bunny? And if so, is that a recent pic? Right now we have brown leaves on the ground and fresh green leaves on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, those are yellow leaves you see, I took this photo on the 25th of April, we live in South Africa and it's Autumn here at the moment. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  34. Yes we can see the colour and it makes me think of vintage Rose so you have definitely achieved your goal :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment:) I will always respond to your comments here, so be sure to check back soon:)
Warmly
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...