I am really enjoying all the spinning that has been happening over here over the last few days because I am taking part in The Tour de Fleece. Today's is a superwash Merino Tencel roving I bought from Twiggi Knits on Etsy. I just love the colourway, to me it looks like 'mother of pearl'... I am going for a sock weight here with this particular spin and I have just finished the roving now, it is quite a few hundred yards long I'm sure, just need to skein it and then I can count.
We are still experiencing freezing weather, our rain that fell yesterday turned to ice last night.
These are our reading books for the week, I am reading George's Secret Key to the Universe to Caiden, Erin is reading The Borowers, Jenna is reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond, and I am reading through the South African Sky Guide for Erin's Astronomy block.
We have been doing yoga each morning before our main lesson work and we have really been enjoying this children's yoga book, Fly Like a Butterfly. There are stories with yoga poses throughout the book, lovely.
OOOh, that icy picture makes me happy as I come in to cool off from home building!
ReplyDeleteThe yarn looks lovely! It is super hot here so seeing the ice on the window makes me wish the temp was just a wee bit cooler here.
ReplyDeleteLove the books!
Your spinning is always so beautiful. I keep telling myself some day I will learn to spin.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the yoga book. I think the girls and I would enjoy this.
Blessings, Elizabeth
We have that book too! I am a certified yoga teachers and I was certified to become a children's yoga teacher. This book is so lovely. Do you have the CD that goes along with it? xo m.
ReplyDeleteOooo! The Witch of Blackbird Pond...man, I haven't read that book since I was 13 years old.
ReplyDeleteIf memory serves me correct, the book takes place where I live (Connecticut).
I hope she likes it.
Goodness I feel cold just looking at that ice...doesn't help that we don't have a fire going at the moment because I am waiting for hubby to get on the roof and clean out the chimney LOL. We have a yoga DVD that we do before bed called from Silly to Calm....its great for the boys. That yarn is divine, just like mother of pearl!! What are you going to make out of that?? Its Lush! :-)
ReplyDeleteThe Witch of Blackbird Pond is one of my all time favorites!
ReplyDelete