Just a few photos of my spinning supporters (Erin and Sandy) and my handspun. This roving below is a superwash Merino tencel, I spun up a single handspun, about 442 yards and then I plyed it into a two-ply...
This is not an optical illusion, the water in our bird baths has been freezing overnight...
Amazing Elsa Beskow book Giveaway:
Valarie over at Jump Into a Book is having the most wonderful book giveaway of 19 Elsa Beskow books!!
To enter, pop over to the link above:)
To enter, pop over to the link above:)
xo
I just had to speak up and say how much I love the colours in that handspun - it's absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how you got such large skeins, good tip the ball winder first. I'm waiting for some giant bobbins :-) I love the lustre of that wool...gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda,
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning the giveaway. Your yarn is gorgeous. Is it unusual to have your bird bath freeze in winter? How cold does it get in South Africa in the winter?
Your yarn is beautiful. I could use some of that freezing weather here...it's so humid and hot. I could handle hot but the humidity is awful.
ReplyDeleteYour yarn is beautiful! Great color and a really nice job of spinning. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!
ReplyDeleteThat yarn is stunning!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors in your handspun yarn.
ReplyDeleteHappy Fiber Arts Friday!!
Beautiful, beautiful yarn! I can truly appreciate it now that I finally am learning to spin with the drop spindle I have owned for years. What do you plan to make with it?
ReplyDeleteSuch exquisite yarn!
ReplyDeleteI want to feel just as that sweet dog face looks.
ReplyDelete