Sunday, July 12, 2009

Us...

It has been really cold here lately and I wanted to capture some of the icy moments with my camera, these Oak leaves were frozen and so beautiful....

Our slide... you can see the tiny frost crystals..



The winner of the sock wool giveaway was Harvest Moon, well done Ann!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...
Enjoyed reading about your chickens and seeing pictures of them. My daughters keep asking me to get some chickens so they can take care of them and have fresh eggs. Would love to be entered into the sock wool giveaway. Thanks! Ann

Thanks so much to everyone who entered, it was great hearing from all of you...


Our Roman Feast....


Olive leaf crowns were prepared



The table was set...




Jen and I picked fresh herbs from the garden, Thyme, Bay, Lemon etc... for the chickens that were cooked, (not our chickens by the way...), she prepared everything, the olives, grapes, a cheese platter with crackers, we baked fresh bread, unfortunately we couldn't find any figs or asparagus, but a great feast was had. It really was fantastic and we all sat and chatted around the table for ages and sampled all the tasty foods. Kye, our 3 year old thought it was very grand...




Our resources for Ancient Rome... Charles Kovacs is a wonderful writer, we really enjoy his books. Jenna is busy reading The Bronze Bow at the moment and she is really enjoying it..




My knitting is always close by and I often have to rescue my knitting basket from Charlie, who really does believe I have put it next to my chair for him to play with. He is so wonderfull... and so loved...



I also started knitting a hat for Cady, he asked me so nicely to please knit him a hat and of course I am. Hats knitted by mama are the best aren't they...

We also went shopping for guitar stands and straps for the girls' guitars' this weekend. Jenna and Erin LOVE playing their guitars and I must say, I really do love the sound of a guitar, it is so peaceful and beautiful. It is wonderful to hear them playing and the music wafts through the house...

I had to blog this mug, I found them at the shop yesterday and just love them, this is going to be my favourite mug for tea... do you have a favourite tea or coffee mug?



Has anyone noticed a slight change in the seasons? We are in the thick of winter, but our fruit trees are almost ready to burst into blossom and the Weaver birds are already building nests...

My hubby and his mountain biking partner, Stan did an off road race today, the wind was blowing, it was freezing, but they loved every minute of it and are a wee bit tired...


Lastly, it has also been quite a busy weekend because I opened my Etsy yarn shop and I have been listing plenty of wool. I have called my shop www.mamma4earthyarns.etsy.com

I will be having a yarn giveaway soon for the opening of my shop...

Have an inspiring week everyone...

Warmly

Linda

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ann on winning the beautiful wool!

    I love the photos of your Roman feast. What a grand way to spend a day - preparing and feasting! It sounds idyllic.

    Charlie is a cutie. He definitely looks well-loved, but who wouldn't love a face like that!

    I love hearing about your adventures so far away from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Harvest Moon for winning the giveaway. Your Roman feast looks like it was delicious and lots of fun. Charlie is gorgeous! It's funny to see a cat with the same name as mine ... sounds like he is just as sweet and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much look forward to working with your yarn some day. Such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post Linds

    The weather has been cold hey..Glad to see Richie still riding. He looks happy. The Roman feast looks festive. I love olive leaf branches. Your new wool shop is lovely. I wish you all the best with it.

    Warm regards
    Suez X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Roman Feast looks lovely. Jenna outdid herself. :) I love your sweet, new mug. I have a favorite also, but it's a handmade mug. It looks like a cozy winter you're having. The yarn looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos as usual... the yarn drying looks so lovely and I just adore the photo of the basket of horses in the make... looks like that around here too!
    Your feast looks scrumptious!
    Blessings and magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Roman feast. The whole spread is quite lovely. I love that everyone had a crown of leaves to wear.

    And Charlie...oh he's cute. My kitties think my yarn projects are done for their enjoyment too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Roman feast table setting looks so pretty. I loved reading about your life...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! I love the Roman feast, I look forward to this study unit. Your wool looks just scrumptious, I can see why your kitty is enticed by it! It is refreshing to see your winter images in contrast to our summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda
    So many interesting pictures to look at! You all have interesting things on the go. It's so inspiring to see all that happy busyness. Beautiful yarn. Goodness, it does look cold - keep warm! What fun your Roman feast must have been. Have a wonderful week.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda! I just wanted to compliment you on your fantastic Roman feast! I LOVED the Olive crowns and have heard great things about the Kovacs books. I always get inspired to read about your studies. The MLB's are beautiful! You can tell your children are very artistic. It gets me excited for the future with our MLB's :) Thanks for the inspiration and please continue to post your reviews and learning projects/books. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the frozen leaves! Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment:) I will always respond to your comments here, so be sure to check back soon:)
Warmly
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...