Sunday, April 3, 2011

Natural Suburbia Sponsor Giveaway - Woolies

Today I bring you a wonderful giveaway from Natural Suburbia sponsor, Woolies.

Sara makes the most gorgeous heirloom quality toys. They are beautiful and made from completely natural materials. 

Natural Suburbia:
You live in a beautiful part of the world, how does your environment influence your creativity?

Woolies:
The southwest part of the US is unique in it's beauty - mountains, numerous wild animals (read my blog, woolies-woolies.blogspot.com for the occasional critter story). It's a very wild part of the country, in many ways. I'm inspired by the sunsets, and the purple mountains majesty (to coin a phrase); by my horses nickers and my dogs play.

Custom Knitted Woolies - Choose your Stuffed Animal - Heirloom Treasure from Woolies on Etsy


Natural Suburbia:
When you are not crafting and creating these beautiful treasures, what do you do to relax and be inspired?

Woolies:
I love to cook, to spend time with my family. I love to explore this beautiful land, and I love to read, although sadly don't have the time I used to !

Zebra - A Handknit Stuffed Animal by Woolies on Etsy - Organic cottons Available


Natural Suburbia:
What do you enjoy most about your business?

Woolies:
I love the act of creating. I love the process of casting on a few stitches and seeing it become a pigs ear (ok, that's the most recent thing I knitted, so it comes to mind). I love the colors and the textures of the wool or fabric. Then I love the finished creation - sometimes it's hard to pack them up and let them go to their new family. I hope they are loved!


Natural Suburbia:
Do you have any other businesses?

Woolies:
Yes, I have another Etsy shop called Buster and boo (named after our biggest dog and our littlest dog). My husband and I make jewelry from vintage typewriter keys. busterandboo.etsy.com

Sweetie-Pie, Soft Lamb Doll, Plush, Natural, Eco-Friendly


Aren't these just the most beautiful treasures? I have bought many of Sara's lovely creations for my own little ones and they adore them!

HandKnit Pony-Horse, Pastel Mane and Tail, Natural, Eco-Friendly


GIVEAWAY:

Woolies is offering one reader a custom made hand knitted horse! You can decide what colour you would like Sara to make him / her. Above is an example of her beautiful and proud rainbow horse that you could choose. To enter, just leave a comment, the winner will be chosen on Tuesday evening and will be announced right here in this blog post, so please remember to check back to see if you are the lucky one:) Make sure that we have a way to contact you.

Sara, thank you so much for this wonderful and generous giveaway.
xo
Linda

Winner!!!
dongdong said...
My little girl would really like this. I esp. love the bunny.


Congratulations! Please would you send me your postal details:)

If you would like to advertise and become a sponsor on Natural Suburbia, please feel free to contact me at lindadawkins@mweb.co.za

64 comments:

  1. oh my boy would be so excited!
    fingers crossed - they all look very cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be the perfect gift for my daughter. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the bright rainbow horse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to earn a little horse like this! Thanks for the generous offer!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rainbow horse! Hooray for giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have a rainbowhorse!!So cute!

    Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness Linda, this is the first time I've had a chance to see your larger knitted animals...they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful my daughter would be blessed to have such a lovely toy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yes! What a beauty! My Isabella would treasure a rainbow horse! Love Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, thank you so much for introducing me to Sara of Woolies. Her hand-made toys are wonderful. What a small world it is. She lives and works very near my home and I find out about her from you who lives so far from me. I'd love to win one of her magnificent horses for my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her knit animals are treasures! My children would love to win a horse. thank you for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely giveaway! The bunny is especially sweet.

    Kelly @ Creating a Family Home

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have found a new supply of gifts for my granddaughter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! I love her Old fashioned Dolls! What a lovely giveaway; thanks you two, for making this happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My little girl would really like this. I esp. love the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting! My little boy would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh, love them! My little boys would flip! TXS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope I win. My grandaughter would love this

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fabulous toys. And I just happen to have a couple of horse lovin' girls.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know a little girl in my house that would love a horse. Thanks for a great giveaway.
    Kim
    kennedy444 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the rainbow on the horse! so sweet! well done, too. :)

    pulchrabliss(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the horse! too cute, Thank you so much for this oppertunity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh awesome! Would love to win for my lil boy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you both for the competition. I'd love a horse in white with a mane to match the magenta-1970s-shag carpet of our little one's bedroom in our new house! Or a pastel rainbow. Or a plain whit one. They were all very cool. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh I love giveaways. And this one is particularly WONDERFUL. Thanks so much for the opportunity to win something so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wait. What? A horse? A RAINBOW horse? I am swooning...and keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, {squeal} how exciting! I'd be very happy to give one of these sweet horses a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the designs! My three granddaughters LOVE knitted toys - and grandma has trouble keeping up!
    The talent you both have is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful and inspiring designs!
    Thanks for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love it! i have a little guy that would be really into his own horsie ☺

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd love to win the beautiful horse

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's all so adorable - makes me really wish I knew how to knit! My daughter would love the rainbow horse!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd love to put a rainbow horse in my daughter's Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this adorable bunnie! So beautiful gift for my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, how sweet! Super nice giveaway--hum, who to give it to.... I might need to buy a few!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Woolies! What a lovely giveaway! Thanks for offering!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What agreat giveaway!!! I love that you use wool!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful work.
    the bunny reminds me of one my Grandmother knitted me when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My daughter loves horses and would be thrilled to have such a beautiful toy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What beautiful work. I would love to win a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My grandson would love a horse. I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, my little granddaughter loves "My Little Pony" and this would be perfect for her!
    Thanks so much for such a wonderful giveaway opportunity!
    magnoliasurprise(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love it, enter me please!

    Ana Belén R.M
    fisiwoman(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  45. What gorgeous toys!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful horse! Thanks for the giveaway!
    Viola.
    violaho(at)gmx.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh I would just love one of her horses!

    kaylynn_0419(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. how cute is that horse! I'd love to win one to give to my son on Easter. We'd make ours a boy horse of course! :)
    mrskmartin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh, my, so cute!
    I love it. Do count me in. :)

    so.kitsch at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Of course I want a horse!!
    xoxoxox maureen

    ReplyDelete
  51. What cute animals, my daughter would love the horse!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love all of them on your etsy... but my fave is the lamb and the brown gnome with red hat!


    Ashley
    sympathetic_kitty@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. super adorable! id love to win, enter me please :)

    punkme15 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. great giveaway

    x

    margit from creative tail

    ReplyDelete
  55. I always enjoy the craft of another. It is so inspiring to hold in your hands the art of another creation. I can feel all the time and thought that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  56. We have a couple Woolies critters and adore them! Both of my kids are horse lovers and would love to give one of Sara's horses a home.

    ReplyDelete
  57. My niece would love one of these!
    myheehaw@hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love these they are soo cute!
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...