This week the children have been learning about volcanoes, they each made their own volcano with paper mache'. They used a plastic bottle for the inside of the volcano and built the paper mache' up around the bottle. (For the mache' we used torn up newspaper soaked in water and flour). Once the volcano was dry, they painted it and then we found all the ingredients to make the volcano erupt.
We used vinegar, bicarb (equal quantities of both) and red food colouring. First we added the bicarb, then the red food colouring and finally the vinegar, it was wonderful and fun!!
To add this button to your blog, right click on it and 'save picture as' to your photos. Then add it as a gadget / picture to your blog on your blogs design page with a link to my blog address:)
Welcome to Creative Friday,
Thank you so much to everyone who visits this space!
Please feel free to post your links to anything you have created and would like to share, it can be a recipe, sewing tutorial, knitting tutorial, felting, crochet, crafts, art, spinning, weaving, working with fibre, photography, poetry...etc...
I also love to hear from you, so if you have a moment, please leave a comment:) Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us! Just add the name of your blog to the widget and then add your blog link with the http:// at the beginning of your link address:) I have added a Creative Friday button on the sidebar of my blog, please feel free to add it to your blog for Creative Friday and link it to http://www.naturalsuburbia.blogspot.com/ so others can find this space and share their creativity too:)
1. I have started a Creative Friday Flickr Group where you can post your beautiful photos that you link to each Creative Friday.
2. If you would be so kind as to link back to Natural Suburbia in your blog post that would be lovely:)
Have a wonderful weekend dear friends,
Linda




Ah, the classic volcano experiment! Whenever my boys say they want to "experiment", it usually means pulling out the baking soda and vinegar!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, Linda!
Wow the volcano looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove the science project! I posted my first granny blanket! In my 25+ years of needlework, this is my first one! I am a child raised in the 70's when granny's were not the same as today! HUGE difference and comeback I'm happy to say.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Sheila
Amazingly colorful volcano...kind of matches with my noodle ring.
ReplyDeleteWith All That I Am
Carrie "Forrest"
Hi Linda,
ReplyDeletethis is the first time I've posted on your Creative Friday, thank you for this great source of wonderful ideas every week. My post is about Uthando dolls, which you may know about being in South Africa. The Uthando Project is such a beautiful program, are you anywhere near KwaZulu Natal? thank you for this opportunity for us all to share and connect,
Danielle.
Thanks so much for hosting this each week!
ReplyDeleteLove the volcano, I bet my daughter would love that too, she's a science geek.
ReplyDeleteMessy fun is always the best...although I ban glitter in my classroom (we just used up the last of it) because you are still finding it MONTHS later stuck to things....
ReplyDeleteCool volcanoes! I thought they were chocolate at first!
ReplyDeleteNice volcanoes! My youngest son has always wanted to try this, but he wants to make a HUGE volcano. I think I will show him your post and try to convince him a small one will do just fine. Incidentally, I am also sharing homework this week.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting again!
vocanoes are so fun and like a right of passage, everyone makes them sometime right? Happy Friday
ReplyDeleteOh I love the science project. I don't know who has the most fun, my daughter or me?
ReplyDeleteOf course, I don't make the projects for her, but I do give suggestions if asked. ;)
Those volcanoes look like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteReally interesting to see volcano projects are universal. My son made one for a school project last year, which involved a lot of papermache and a bicycle pump.
ReplyDeleteI made my first project with fabric selvedges today and linked here.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw the volcano I thought it would be a edible one. I guess I'm hungry ;-) I LOVE science projects and all the knowledge that we learn from hands on experiments.
ReplyDeleteMy kids love making "volcanos"! Such simple things that make them happy!
ReplyDeleteThat does look like so much fun, and so well done! You are such a good mum Linda! Happy creative Friday!
ReplyDeleteOh, volcanoes are so much fun! I remember my daughter haveing a very active one that hit the ceiling!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! When I was a little girl I dreamed about built a volcano but my parents nether give me the permission...this summer I want to go to the sea only for build a mega volcano with the sand! ^-^
ReplyDelete