Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sandy our Labrador...

Looking back at photos of our Sandy, we are just amazed at how much she has grown and what a sweet natured and loving dog she is. She is so kind and gentle and we all feel very blessed to have her in our lives... Pets hold a very special place in our hearts, how could they not...




(She is holding her tug-of-war rope in her mouth, she runs around with this all the time, trying to convince our other dogs, Guss and Daisy to play a game with her:)

Yes, I had to knit her, this special girl... Watching her run and jump in the yard... I could see the stitches and pattern forming in my mind and then there it was... written and knitted...



I have added the pattern of Sandy to my shop:)
Happy Sunday everyone...

12 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. What a lovely girl she's become. And the pattern is alive and charming and I'm going to have to grab it myself. I love the tilt of the head - I get that with my horses, too. and the very sweet face. Good work again, Linda. I just end up saying it again and again. I don't know how you think in stitches, but I love that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing!! I adore her. We had a golden retriever growing up. They are such loving animals. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little tilt on your knitted labrador's head. Sandy is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tug of war rope is just to cute. I can just see her running around the yard with it in her mouth. And to create such a treasure from a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sandy. We love labradors very much. Ours is just such a special friend to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow she has really grown. I love your version of your sweet canine campanion. Very Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your labrador is so beautiful and what a wonderful breed. We had one as a child exactly the same color named Prince :) Your knitting patterns are amazing and she is so deserving of her own replica :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandy has grown up beautifully! Did you ever see the knitted lab I did for a friend last year? I baby-sit Ned and Candy (Lab and Kelpie) everytime my friend goes away. Ned is a sweetheart although a typical Lab...fat, unfit and always looking for food!
    We are due to have puppies again in about 2 weeks, my JRT Petal in in pup again, gosh a year goes fast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so amazingly talented. I can't get over how you just seem to see this stuff in your mind and know how to put it together and it looks wonderful and like the real subject! You've got amazing talent and skills Linda.

    Levi has a dog and she has a special place in all of our hearts. The connection they have. Words can't define.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy is a lovely dog! And her new little buddy is cute. Love your patterns!

    ~ Tarissa
    http://pixelberrypiedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy is such a handsome dog! We've had labs in the past, and think labs and goldens are about the smartest dogs to have. I wish we lived in an area to accommodate a large dog. Your knitted dog is darling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful dog. And such a likeness that you have made her in your sweet knit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment:) I will always respond to your comments here, so be sure to check back soon:)
Warmly
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...